Crimson Design Group is excited to announce we are looking for a high level, forward thinking, innovative Contract Commercial Interior Designer to support our team through a very exciting busy season.
Looking for a unique opportunity to design a space that is avant-garde?
We require this person to be ahead of the trends and have the instinctive ability to translate each of our client’s stories into elevated design. We expect each of our clients to receive the best design and overall experience the industry has to offer.
A Commercial Interior Designer is responsible for producing high quality project design deliverables in both FF&E and construction documents. A Commercial Interior Designer can work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. They are responsible for project tasks and deliverables and work directly with the Design Director and Project Manager to ensure the facilitation of a project’s completion; on-time, on/under-budget, and meets all applicable quality standards.
All Crimson Design Group Associates must embody our core values. Each role is hired and evaluated on each of our 5 Core Values:
- Excellence: Takes initiative, dedication, Can-do attitude
- Pulse: Contributes, values everyone, team player
- Life Lived Well: Fun, optimistic, no drama
- Vision: Respectful, supportive, encouraging
- Crimson Spirit: Ownership thinking, innovative, curious
Support the design process for commercial projects from initial client meeting to installation. This includes constant collaboration with other team members, Design Directors and Project Manager to ensure each step of the process is completed, on brand and to the highest standards.
This includes, but no limited to:
- Organize, plan and prioritize the work.
- Mentors and trains others.
- Participate in design strategy sessions and lead the design team with research, concept and presentation development.
- Partner with FF&E designers in colors, materials and furniture selections.
- Coordinate with lighting and graphic designers to ensure elements relate to the project design concepts and program.
- Creates functional and aesthetic design that enhance living spaces, help boost productivity, increase sales or attract customers.
- Develops drawings, presentations, cost estimates and proposals and coordinates the work of contractors; coordinates installations.
- Initiates and manages relationships with clients and partners and is focused on delivering detail-oriented expert level of client service.
- Tracks projects, timelines, budgets and progress and prepares reports and communications for internal teams and clients; manages multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Participates in team projects and strategic business growth initiatives.
Academic and trade qualifications
- Professional Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school.
- Commercial interior design and/or construction knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of furniture manufacturing industry and/or purchasing experience a plus.
Work experience and skills
- 5-7 Years of experience as an Interior Designer
- AutoCAD REQUIRED
- Advanced skills in Keynote
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites (e.g. InDesign & Photoshop).
- Strong MS Office Skills: Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated understanding of FF&E selection and specification.
- Basic understanding of commercial building codes
- Ability to create space plans and room layouts
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with the ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Detail oriented with accurate data entry skills.
- Resourceful and have strong retention and recall abilities.
- Proven ability to meet project timelines.