Crimson Design Group is excited to announce we are looking for a high level, forward thinking, innovative Residential Interior Designer.
Looking for a unique opportunity to design a space that is avant-garde?
We require this person to be ahead of the trends and have the instinctive ability to translate each of our client’s stories into elevated design. We expect each of our clients to receive the best design and overall experience the industry has to offer.
A Residential Interior Designer is responsible for producing high quality project design deliverables in both FF&E and construction documents. A Residential Designer can work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. They are responsible for project tasks and deliverables and work directly with the Design Director and Project Manager to ensure the facilitation of a project’s completion; on-time, on/under-budget, and meets all applicable quality standards.
All Crimson Design Group Associates must embody our core values. Each role is hired and evaluated on each of our 5 Core Values:
- Excellence: Takes initiative, dedication, Can-do attitude, sense of urgency
- Pulse: Contributes, values everyone, team player
- Life Lived Well: Fun, optimistic, no drama
- Vision: Respectful, supportive, encouraging
- Crimson Spirit: Ownership thinking, innovative, curious
- Develop plans and design for the interiors of residential, buildings based on needs of client.
- Creates functional and aesthetic design that enhance living spaces.
- Plans use and layout of space and designing with color, furniture, fixtures etc.
- Develops drawings, presentations, cost estimates and proposals and coordinates the work of contractors; coordinates installations.
- Initiates and manages relationships with clients and partners and is focused on delivering detail-oriented expert level of client service.
- Tracks projects, timelines, budgets and progress and prepares reports and communications for internal teams and clients; manages multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Participates in team projects and strategic business growth initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- 4-Year college degree in Interior Design (Bachelor's degree) or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in the field or a related area with a consulting firm or other design organization.
- Familiar with interior design field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Have knowledge of all aspects of interior design including improvement design, space planning, programming, color and material selections, furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) and vendor and contractor management.
- Have expertise in luxury specialties and fine furnishings
- Experienced with researching, selecting and specifying materials and finishes; furniture selections and specifications; familiarity with developing custom environments and pieces a plus.
- Experienced in coordinating interior design elements including lighting, artwork and environmental graphics.
- Experienced in generating and leading projects and project teams; working in a consulting role and client-billing framework business experience a must.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and effective client relationship skills and talent for working with diverse teams of designers and contractors; Creation of presentations book and materials.
- Be proficient in sketching and rendering skills to communicate ideas.
- Software skills required -AutoCAD, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe -Preferred skills: Revit, Studio Webware, In Design,Keynote, Photoshop and sketch software.
- Able to work in a collaborative, open environment; successful candidate will be team-oriented, self-directed and dependable.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A high degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Capable of handling multiple and conflicting tasks, is detail-oriented and focused on delivering distinctive client service.