Crimson Design Group is excited to announce we are looking for a high-level, forward-thinking, innovative Senior Interior Designer. This role can be in the office or remotely from anywhere in the United States.
Looking for a unique opportunity to design a space that is avant-garde?
We require this person to be ahead of local and global trends and have the instinctive ability to lead our clients and translate each of their stories. We expect each of our clients to receive the best design and overall experience the industry has to offer.
A Senior Designer is responsible for producing high-quality project design deliverables in both FF&E and construction documents. A Senior Designer can work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. They are responsible for project tasks and deliverables and work directly with the Design Director and Project Manager to ensure the facilitation of a project’s completion; on-time, on/under-budget, and meets all applicable quality standards.
All Crimson Design Group Associates must embody our core values. Each role is hired and evaluated on each of our 5 Core Values:
- Excellence: Takes initiative, dedication, Can-do attitude, sense of urgency
- Pulse: Contributes, values everyone, team player
- Life Lived Well: Fun, optimistic, no drama
- Vision: Respectful, supportive, encouraging
- Crimson Spirit: Ownership thinking, innovative, curious
Support the design process for residential and commercial projects from initial client meeting to installation. This includes constant collaboration with other team members, Design Directors and Project Manager to ensure each step of the process is completed, on-brand, and to the highest standards.
This includes, but not limited to:
- Organize, plan and prioritize the work.
- Mentors and trains others.
- Participate in design strategy sessions and lead the design team with research, concept and presentation development.
- Partner with FF&E designers in colors, materials and furniture selections.
- Coordinate with lighting and graphic designers to ensure elements relate to the project design concepts and program.
- Creates functional and aesthetic design that enhance living spaces, help boost productivity, increase sales or attract customers.
- Develops drawings, presentations, cost estimates and proposals and coordinates the work of contractors; coordinates installations.
- Initiates and manages relationships with clients and partners and is focused on delivering a detail-oriented expert level of client service.
- Tracks projects, timelines, budgets and progress and prepares reports and communications for internal teams and clients; manages multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Participates in team projects and strategic business growth initiatives.
Academic and trade qualifications
- Professional Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school.
- Commercial interior design and/or construction knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of furniture manufacturing industry and/or purchasing experience a plus.
Work experience and skills:
- 5-7 Years of experience as an Interior Designer
- At least 2-3 years as a Lead or Senior Designer
- Revit and AutoCAD REQUIRED
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites (e.g. InDesign & Photoshop).
- Strong MS Office Skills: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated understanding of FF&E selection and specification.
- Basic understanding of commercial building codes
- Ability to create space plans and room layouts
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with the ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented with accurate data entry skills.
- Resourceful and have strong retention and recall abilities.
- Thorough with the ability to proofread own/others work products.
- Proven ability to meet project timelines.
- Proven ability to project manage and lead a team.